CompTIA A+ Complete Student Edition
CompTIA Official Courseware and Training Materials
gtslearning’s CompTIA A+ Complete Student Edition is a great value “Integrated Learning” product that will prepare your students for CompTIA exam:220-701, 220-702. Fully supported with Professor Messer’s video training, instructor resources and approved as CompTIA Official, CompTIA A+ Complete Student Edition from gtslearning is the only courseware you will need.
gtslearning’s CompTIA A+ courseware is a great value courseware bundle that will prepare your students for the complete CompTIA A+ Certification. This package prepares students for CompTIA’s 220-701 and 220-702 exams. Fully supported with instructor resources and approved as CompTIA Official, CompTIA A+ Complete from gtslearning is the only courseware you will need.
About this title
This bundle package includes the 5-day courses “CompTIA A+ Certification Essentials Support Skills” and “CompTIA A+ Certification Practical Application Support Skills”. These practical “hands-on” courses are the essential foundation for newcomers to PC support. They provide students with the necessary training to ensure proficiency in PC installation and troubleshooting skills. The courses have been developed to produce competent PC support engineers who are capable of taking and passing CompTIA’s A+ Certification exams or other similar qualifications.
Students will learn the fundamental principles of supporting desktop and portable computers and operating systems plus network and print devices and applications.
Students will learn how to:
- Identify types and characteristics of PC components, including motherboard, CPU, memory, and storage, input, and output devices.
- Install and configure peripheral devices.
- Identify types and characteristics of portable computers.
- Install and configure Microsoft Windows 2000, Microsoft Windows XP, Microsoft Windows Vista and Microsoft Windows 7
- Perform basic PC maintenance and troubleshooting.
- Understand fundamental principles of securing IT systems and working safely.
- Communicate effectively with customers.
- Understand fundamental principles of implementing LANs and internet access.
- Manage and optimize Windows using command line tools, administrative consoles, and Remote Desktop.
- Manage and optimize disks and volumes using command line tools and administrative consoles.
- Diagnose and resolve Windows troubleshooting scenarios.
- Use anti-virus tools to prevent and recover from malware infections.
- Configure and troubleshoot local network and wireless connections and client applications.
- Configure and manage users, groups, and shared resources.
- Configure and troubleshoot access control measures, such as BIOS security, authentication, encryption, and firewalls.
- Perform preventive maintenance using approved tools and products.
- Assemble, disassemble, and upgrade PC and notebook components.
- Configure and update BIOS/CMOS.
- Troubleshoot, optimize, and upgrade hardware.
- Install, configure, troubleshoot, and maintain printers
Courseware with integrated video training from Professor Messer
Professor Messer has long been a web hero for CompTIA certification students. For many years, Professor Messer has provided video-based training courses for CompTIA certifications. With professionally-produced lessons covering the full exam objectives and online forums, Professor Messer is a trusted online source for exam information.
Now, gtslearning has partnered with Professor Messer to take this learning to a new level. The student will be able to study from the gtslearning courseware and link to the appropriate training video (by QR code, hyperlink or typing short URL) for further explanation. Equally, a student studying from the Professor Messer video course will be able to easily follow his video presentations using the same CompTIA CAQC Official courseware.
See a sample Professor Messer video:
OPTIONAL Toolwire live labs inside
Toolwire Live Labs have been co-developed by gtslearning and Toolwire. Bringing learning to life, students will get several weeks in a “technology apprenticeship” with real equipment, operating systems, and applications – all delivered anytime, anywhere via a web-enabled browser. Exclusive to gtslearning, you will get several hours of hands-on training to hone your skills to perfection!
Choose Yes in the Toolwire option when placing your order, your Toolwire activation will be emailed to you separately from your order confirmation.
Printed books or downloadable eBooks – you decide
gtslearning offers content to suit every classroom or study need. Our printed courseware has been used by training centres around the globe since the late 1990s – all provided as spiral-bound manuals.
Our eBooks provide a cost-effective alternative for you and your students. You don’t need to wait for books to be shipped to you, place your order and you can start reading within minutes.
The gtslearning eBook Viewer can be installed on any computer that meets the following operating system requirements:
- Windows 2000 with Service Pack 3 or later
- Windows XP
- Windows Vista
- Windows 7
- If using Comodo internet security products with Windows, please refer to this support note
- Mac OSX 10.4 and later. If using OSX 10.6 (Snow Leopard), Apple’s Rosetta software needs to be installed on Intel-based Macs.
Please note that gtslearning eBooks are not suitable for viewing on Apple iPhone/iPad, Amazon Kindle or other e-Reader platforms. gtslearning eBooks are non-printable
These courses will prepare students for the 220-701 CompTIA A+ Certification Essentials and 220-702 CompTIA A+ Certification Practical Application exams for version 2.0 of the 2009 objectives (including Windows 7 content) and is approved under the CompTIA Authorized Quality Curriculum program. A+ Certification is internationally endorsed and recognized as the only benchmark vendor-neutral qualification for PC support and troubleshooting. Indeed, A+ Certification is a prerequisite qualification for employment (and is endorsed) by many leading computer manufacturers and vendors on a global basis.
This course is intended for students wishing to qualify with CompTIA A+ Certification for PC Support professionals. It is also suitable for students wanting to improve their skills in PC support and administration. By completing this course, students will also be assisted with entry into a career in ICT. This course will particularly benefit students pursuing a career in supporting desktop personal computer users, in job roles such as Support Engineer, Maintenance Engineer, Desktop Engineer, Computer Administrator, or PC Support Analyst. Study of the course can also help to prepare for other, similar technical support qualifications and act as groundwork for more advanced training, including CompTIA Network+ or CompTIA Server+, CCNA, and MCSE, MCITP and MCTS.
Students should have successfully completed the gtslearning course “PC Fundamentals” or have equivalent experience of using a PC, Windows and browsing the Web. The following key skills are recommended:
- Use a keyboard and mouse.
- Recognize the main components of a PC (such as case, monitor, mouse, and keyboard) and different data media such as floppy disks or CD-ROMs.
- Start the computer and navigate the Desktop.
- Use Windows Explorer to create directories and subdirectories; and move, copy, or rename files and directories.
- Use Internet Explorer to view websites.
Exam voucher bundle
A special bundle is available that includes an exam voucher, an exam prep guide and the full content. This voucher can be redeemed at a Pearson VUE test centre
Follow the links to see the full course content for the two titles included in this bundle:
- CompTIA A+ Essentials Student Edition Courseware
- CompTIA A+ Practical Application Student Edition Courseware